7 Reasons to choose Milford Sound Coach, Cruise and Walk
11 Jun 2015
There are so many ways to experience the grandeur of World Heritage Milford Sound - but not all experiences are created equal. Because we're Fiordland locals, we reckon we know a fair bit about the best way to experience Milford Sound, so we've put together what we think is the ultimate experience - our Milford Sound Coach, Cruise and Walk.
Here are seven reasons why we think this is the best Milford Sound experience available:
- Small and Personal – With a maximum of 14 people in the group, our Milford experience is all about the people and a more personal, down to earth service. The small groups and our extended time on the Milford Road allow for flexibility in our daily itinerary, meaning that we can tailor the day to the seasonal highlights and weather conditions, creating a more memorable experience.
- Local Guides – The Trips & Tramps team of friendly kiwi guides have great local knowledge of the area and a genuine willingness to share the best places with guests. Our guides Stephen, Andrew, Douglas, Ross, Madeleine and Steve Norris enhance the experience with their special stories and interests of the area.
- Stunning Fiordland Walks – We get people out into the outdoors to explore with all their senses. With options to stop at the Gertrude Valley, Lake Gunn nature trail, Marian Gantry (with its swing bridge a great novelty), Humbolt falls and even Key Summit, alongside the more traditional stops of Mirror Lakes and The Chasm, there is so much on offer. Even if it is wet with umbrellas for all, nothing stops us.
- Extended Morning Boat Cruise – It is without a doubt the mornings are the best time to enjoy Milford Sound. Cruising on the 10.30 am Real Journeys Nature Cruise, guests get on the Fiord before the day breeze picks up and the light is soft for the best photographs. The wildlife comes and goes, but the longer cruise time of 2.5 hours ensures guests get the opportunity to view the marine life, as well as going under Stirling Falls for a thrill!
- Avoiding the Crowds – This summer has seen a bumper number of visitors to Milford Sound. Our timetable leaves early to avoid the crowds and with a flexible itinerary, we get off the beaten path to explore the lesser known places.
- Hearty lunch Included – With a picnic lunch and afternoon tea included in our day, it is one less expense and hassle. Megan at the Fiordland Bakery supplies our tasty lunches and can cater for most requests.
- Supporting Local – By supporting Trips & Tramps we can give back to the local community groups, ensuring a vibrant community. This year we made donations to Te Anau Scouts for their new hall, Te Anau Tumble Time, an active movement programme for pre-schoolers plus Fiordland College, alongside the many prizes, human resource and logistical support given to events held in the area.
For more information, bookings or just a look see Trips and Tramps coach, cruise and walk.