Trips & Tramps highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our customers, staff, suppliers, and community.
The Covid-19 situation is ever-changing, and we are guided by our national authorities, including The Ministry of Health, to ensure that we provide the safest means of operating within the current protection frameworks.
From 03 December 2021, VACCINE PASSPORTS will be MANDATORY on our trips for guests aged 12 years and up, staff and contractors, until 30 April 2022. We kindly request you provide evidence of being fully vaccinated prior to your trip by emailing your passport to email@example.com (preferably 2 weeks prior to departure).
Customers will be required to bring their own masks, and it is recommended they are worn at all times inside transport and buildings. We will require all our customers to scan in using the NZ COVID Tracer app.
COVID-19 Risk while traveling with Trips & Tramps
Due to the nature of our small group tours requiring transport in enclosed vehicles (helicopters, boats, small-medium passenger service vehicles), and potentially being in situations we cannot maintain social distancing, the risk of transmission of Covid19 has been identified as moderate to high. As such we require all customers (from 12 years) and staff to hold a Covid19 vaccination passport to partake in our trips. This will take effect from 03 December 2021.
We do appreciate that this may mean that some of our clients will no longer be able to travel with us, however we have a responsibility to keep our staff, customers and other suppliers safe. A vaccination requirement is the most reasonable and effective way we can manage this risk for our tours. We will still be encouraging the use of masks and social distancing. We are happy to offer a full refund (or zero cancellation fee) to any clients who need to cancel their bookings due to this requirement, as long as we receive at least 7 days notice.
Our COVID-19 operating procedures ensure:
- All operations have daily cleaning schedules in place which covers routine, and daily tasks.
- All ‘high-touch’ areas (such as door handles and buttons, arm rests, and seat belts) are routinely cleaned pre and post check-in at our bases.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the vans.
- Spatial distancing in-line with official recommendations.
Further Initiatives include:
- Regular staff training to ensure they are up-to-date with our guidelines.
- Asking any staff or customers who are feeling unwell to please stay at home and seek medical advice via Healthline or their GP.
- We have implemented a cancellation fee free policy for any customers who are unable to travel with us if they are feeling unwell or unable to reach us to due isolation orders or alert level changes.
Our Covid-19 Conditions & Cancellation Policy:
If you cannot travel because you are directly impacted by Covid-19, or unable to travel due to border closures or the vaccine passport requirement introduced on 03 December 2021, you will be offered the option to receive a full refund or reschedule (if applicable) . We request you give us as much notice as possible, thank you.
If we are required to move alert levels and reduce capacity or stop operating, you will be contacted by our team to organise a reschedule or refund.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with us.
Phone: 0800 305807 or +64 3 2497081